Volunteer Needed Immediately: Request Taker and Process Maker - Someone who is full of energy, compassion, realism & idealism (balanced) who has a desire to fix everything in the world. This person must have home/work access to a computer and be able to:
1. Check 100GW email requests and respond a few times per week
2. Make decisions on grocery and gas cards autonomously in most cases (help will be given, if needed, by past request takers).
3. Add in all requests to the Drive spreadsheet and update spreadsheet as requests are filled.
4. Go to Board when necessary for input.
5. Send needs on to Sarah for newsletter and/or Facebook.
6. Coordinate givers and getters if necessary, including text/ call/ email individuals with card pickup (check database to ensure no double-dipping). Gotta get the stuff to them.
7. Keep in contact with Melissa Dimoush at Hedges Insurance, who acts as our card giver and holding tank, regarding when a request is made and when they will be coming and what they need. i.e. a $50 Dillon’s card goes to ______ or ______ will be in to pick up sheets, etc.
8. Refer people to agencies as needed, again with the help of previous request takers if necessary.
9. Attend Board Meetings once a month on a Sunday afternoon. We offer support, fun and lively conversations at our board meetings, which we try desperately to keep to one hour.
10. Check in with the Forum to discuss Board decisions as email notifications come in.
11. Keep a healthy perspective and understand that even though you want to help everyone and save the world, it may not be possible. This is a mind boggling task but the one that our organization is built on.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or know someone you'd like to recommend. This is not a permanent position. It is only as long as you are able and invested. When you are ready to move on, we will work at finding another volunteer. We can't wait to hear from you.